PowderCoat Services opened its facility in 1981 as the first custom powder coating shop in the Western United States. Our original shop had a single line that could coat products of a variety of finishes, shapes and sizes. As the needs of our Los Angeles commercial powder coating customers have grown in size and complexity, so has our facility.
We now have four powder coating lines on site, giving us the capacity and flexibility to meet the deadlines of a variety of customers. Our industrial powder coating facility occupies eight buildings on five acres in Anaheim, centrally located to serve our customers in Orange County, Los Angeles, the Inland Empire and throughout California.
Our commercial powder coating facility’s variety of machinery allows us to coat your parts more effectively and efficiently than powder coaters with a one-size-fits-all approach. Each of our lines are engineered for specific types of projects:
- Large Product Line – This line, which includes a multi-stage washer, has an opening size of 3’ by 6’ and can coat parts up to 96” long. We recently re-built the coating booth to a stand-in style, allowing the coaters more flexibility in accessing the parts. The new booth was designed for quick color changes to create greater efficiencies for smaller runs of large parts. Examples of just a few products coated include: louvers, exercise equipment, auto after-market products, can crushers
- High Quantity, Smaller Product Line – This system offers great value for customers with smaller parts due to its efficiencies in handling, utilities and space. We can run this line at a much faster speed and with greater parts density than the large production line. It can coat parts up to 18” long, but we often double rack smaller parts to maximize throughput. This line is optimal for runs with 50,000-100,000 parts, although it can run quantities of 1,000-5,000. Examples include: springs, electronic housings, a wide variety of brackets and auto after-market parts, internal air-bag parts for various auto-makers
- Specialized Line – This line was built to coat products that do not require pretreatment, such as glass. It has pre-heat capabilities to improve paint adhesion on non-metallic parts. This line runs at the fastest speed, has the smallest footprint and utilizes the least gas and electricity, making it the best value for projects that fit its parameters. Examples include: glass parts for the cosmetics industry, brackets, internal assembly parts
- Dedicated Line – Customer service and meeting delivery requirements are our highest priorities at PCS. We often build systems to meet the needs of individual customers with specific requirements. Contact us if you have a long-term need for a large quantity of parts to be powder coated.
- Masking and Assembly Preparation — We have 5500 square feet of space that is dedicated to customized or complex masking that cannot be done on the line using plugs and caps. Assembly and packaging are generally performed just off the production line, however, more complex assembly is done in this space.
- Fabrication – PCS performs customer-specific value added operations on a case-by-case basis.
- Graphic printing – Branding, part identification, and decoration.
While we’re no longer the only custom powder coating facility in the West, we are still the most experienced. Feel free to Request a Quote or Contact Us to see how our expertise and state-of-the-art Southern California commercial powder coating facility can bring you the best value.